White sandalwood powder (also known as Chandan) has long been prized for its skin and hair benefits. Our certified organic white sandalwood powder is made from the steam distilled and de-oiled heart wood of the Santalum album tree. Trade in this wood and powder is heavily regulated as the tree risks being over-exploited. The older the tree the better the heartwood.
The fragrant sandalwood powder can be used for a variety of skin and hair treatments.
- The cooling and soothing properties help to keep the skin free of acne, scars and pigmentation and also help to calm sunburn.
- Its anti-oxidants help to delay the development of skin wrinkles and rejuvenate the skin by improving the elasticity of skin cells.
- The powder removes dead skin cells, dirt and pollutants from your skin.
- It promotes skin cell regeneration leading to a fresh, radiant complexion.
- Its astringent properties assist with treating dandruff and preventing hair loss.
- The antiseptic and anti-fungal properties help to heal inflamed pimples and small wounds.
- It helps to balance sebum product and is great for balancing oily skin.
You can use our sandalwood powder in the following ways, and also feel free to experiment!
Mix a tablespoon each of white sandalwood powder and turmeric powder with some plain, white yoghurt. Apply the paste to your skin, leave it for 30 minutes, rinse and pat dry.
Take one tablespoon of white sandalwood powder, mix with milk, a little honey and lemon juice into a paste. Apply to sunburnt skin. This mixture may also help to lessen pigmentation marks.
Mix sandalwood powder and our rose petal powder with filtered or spring water into a paste. If you have oily skin then just use the water, and if your skin is dry you can add some delicious cold-pressed oils to the mixture. Argan, sweet almond, apricot kernel and rose-hip oils are great. Leave it on your skin for 30 minutes, rinse and gently pat dry.
Plain and Simple
Mix enough sandalwood powder with water to make a paste. Apply it to acne/pimples and leave it for a few hours. Then rinse and pat dry.
Mix enough Sandalwood powder into a thinnish paste with filtered or spring water. Apply it your scalp, making sure that the mixture is in contact with your scalp skin. Leave it on for 30 minutes then wash with a gentle, preferably sulphate free shampoo and condition. This is good for oily and dandruff prone scalps.
Please note that the fragrance and colour of sandalwood powder varies depending on where the trees were harvested. This powder has not been irradiated.
When you order, you will receive 100 grams of pure, certified organic white sandalwood powder packaged in a resealable pouch.
Shipping is calculated on the Checkout page. Delivery by courier takes 2-5 working days. If you live outside South Africa please contact us before placing your order.