- Mix the powder with enough warm to hot water until it is the consistency of yoghurt or pancake batter. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes. Apply the mixture thickly to dry or damp hair in sections from root to tip and cover with clingwrap and a towel.
- Please wear gloves, cassia will stain your finger nails.
- Depending on whether you want to condition or dye your hair, leave it on for 30 minutes up to 3 hours. The longer you leave it on the more it will dye your hair.
- Rinse it out thoroughly, shampoo and condition your hair.
- Depending on your hair type, your hair might feel dry after using cassia. Do a coconut oil treatment afterwards if necessary, but please use the organic, extra-virgin coconut oil. Repeat every two weeks for healthy hair.
- You can mix cassia with other plant dyes to get different shades. A great recipe for making grey hair a gold colour is a mixture of 5 parts cassia and 1 part 100% Herbal light auburn dye with a squeeze of lemon juice and enough warm water to make a paste. Apply the paste quite thickly and leave it on your hair for 1.5 to 2 hours. You can also add a bit of henna for richer, redder tones, or some indigo for darker shades.
- Please do a strand test before using cassia. Colour results on chemically treated hair will be unpredictable.
- You can freeze any leftover mixture for use at a later time, provided that there is no other dye in the mixture.
Have fun experimenting!
Please note: for external use only.
Any unused powder can be resealed and stored in a cool, dry place.